Build your career as you go.
At Schneider, we’re big on career advancement. Nothing makes us prouder than when our associates succeed.
Search and Apply Mechanic Careers
We want you to have a career that fulfills and excites.
With company-paid training at your fingertips, you can stay on top of your game or work your way into something new. Pick a place to start; then grow from there!
"We try to encourage people to react, to make changes, to be creative... Customers say what's amazing is the quality of our associates. They are people who are committed, enthusiastic and on the ball." - Don Schneider, former CEO and Chairman of the Board
Mechanic Career Path
Many mechanics follow the career path laid out above, but there are plenty who have taken different turns along the way. Here are a few of their stories:
Shop Floor Leader
"When you get hired, start setting small achievable goals for yourself. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't move up within the company. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement."
- Started as a Mechanic Assistant in 1995
- Moved into the parts department for two years
- Completed company-paid training program
- Promoted to level one Mechanic
- Became a Tire Specialist for six years
- Currently a Shop Floor Leader
"Schneider will provide the resources to get you where you want to go, but you have to provide the desire to make it happen."
- Started as a Mechanic Assistant in Harrisburg, PA in 2000
- Had no mechanic experience at the time
- Completed company-paid training
- Moved to Delaware to work as Dedicated Mechanic
- Moved to Gary, IN to work at the Operating Center
- Participated in Schneider’s leader training program
- Became a Lead Mechanic
- Moved in Memphis, TN in 2008 to be Floor Leader
- Promoted to Shop Supervisor in Reserve, LA three months later
- Promoted to Shop Manager in Dallas, TX in 2011
East and Midwest Regional Maintenance Director
"Associate development is a core leadership responsibility at Schneider and we continue to seek out new leaders to coach for improved results in our growing company."
- Joined Schneider in May of 1993 as a Mechanic in Carlisle, PA
- Completed Schneider’s Leader Development program
- Promoted to Shop Supervisor of Olney, IL shop in 1997
- Stayed in same role, but relocated to Bedford, PA in 2001
- Promoted to Shop Manager in Houston, TX in 2004
- Accepted role of Shop Manager in Gary, IN two years later
- Named Regional Maintenance Director for the East and Midwest regions in 2008
We want you to make your Schneider career whatever you want it to be. If you want to start at the bottom and leap your way up to the top, we will encourage you along the way. If you find a role that you love and want to stay in for years, we’ll support that, too. Whatever path you choose, we’re confident you’ll make a difference here.