GREEN BAY, Wis. - June 21, 2017
The sunny Southwest is about to get busier with the June 22 grand opening of a new Schneider facility in Phoenix, Arizona. Schneider – a premier truckload, intermodal and logistics provider known nationwide for its bright orange equipment – is responding to industry demand by significantly investing in this fast-growing region.
The Phoenix facility will accommodate Schneider’s Van Truckload, Teams, Intermodal and Specialty Dedicated offerings and immediately bring new driving opportunities to the area.
Drivers in the Phoenix area can now enjoy these benefits close to home with Schneider:
- Asphalt parking for more than 180 trailers, plus personal vehicle parking
- State-of-the-art maintenance facility with eight service bays
- High security parking
- Showers, break rooms and a full laundry facility
- Ice and fresh food vending machines
- On-site driver business leaders
- On-site occupational therapy room
- Access to company cars
Schneider’s Phoenix facility includes IDLE AIR, an apparatus that can heat or cool trucks without the truck needing to idle. In the near future, five acres on the property will be developed into a training facility for drivers.
In addition to offering more local resources for Phoenix-based drivers, the new facility provides the operational infrastructure needed to handle an increased driver fleet in the region.
“Opening the Phoenix facility is like moving from a 300-square-foot apartment to a 2,400-square-foot apartment,” said Nuno Gomes, regional vice president for Schneider. “Not only is it in a great location with access to a highway leading directly to Los Angeles, but it enables us to bring good, well-paying jobs to the Phoenix area while keeping drivers close to their families.”
There are more than 100 driving opportunities and six diesel technician positions open at the Phoenix facility. With the larger facility, there is no limit to the number of driver positions Schneider can fill in the coming years. Schneider also expects to add three management roles and seven administration roles in the near future. Because the facility will have a division recruiter on-site, interested driver candidates can stop in to visit and learn about the benefits of driving for Schneider, including:
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement: $200 per month available for recent graduates of truck driving schools and current drivers who are still paying off truck driving school loans.
- Several home-time driving options: Schneider offers a wide variety of driving opportunities, allowing drivers to find the option that best suits their work-life balance needs.
- Automated transmission trucks: Every new truck Schneider purchases comes equipped with an automated transmission, which makes the task of driving easier and safer.
Professional drivers interested in Schneider’s opportunities are encouraged to visit schneiderjobs.com. Those in or near the Phoenix area on June 23 are invited to visit the new facility at 3150 South 39th Ave. between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to tour the building, enjoy a free lunch and speak with onsite recruiters.
Schneider is a leading transportation and logistics services company providing a broad portfolio of premier truckload, intermodal and logistics solutions and operating one of the largest for-hire trucking fleets in North America.