GREEN BAY, Wis. - May 04, 2017
The famous New England landscape is about to get even more colorful with the May 5 grand opening of a new Schneider facility in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. Schneider, a company known nationwide for its bright orange equipment, is responding to industry demand by expanding its footprint in this growing region. The Shrewsbury facility will accommodate Schneider’s Van Truckload, Bulk, Dedicated and Intermodal service offerings and immediately bring new driving opportunities to the area.
Drivers in New England can enjoy these benefits close to home with Schneider:
- Asphalt parking for more than 120 trailers, plus personal vehicle parking
- A maintenance facility with seven service bays
- Ice and vending machines
- Restrooms, locker rooms and break rooms
- On-site driver business leaders
Drivers already working for Schneider, one of the nation’s largest truckload carriers, can also visit the Shrewsbury location for computer-based training, ridealongs and extra training resources.
In addition to offering more local resources for New England-based drivers, the new facility provides the operational infrastructure needed to handle an increased driver pool in the region.
“We’re really excited about the opening of our new Shrewsbury facility,” said Cathy Petrilli, division manager for Schneider. “Not only is it in a great location with proximity to major metropolitan cities, but it underscores our commitment to the drivers and customers in the greater New England area. Plus, it enables us to bring good, well-paying jobs to the Shrewsbury community.”
Currently, there are 200 driving opportunities, four diesel technician positions and one office associate position available at the Shrewsbury facility. With the larger facility, Schneider expects to add more driving and office associate positions in the coming years. Because the facility will have a recruiting division, interested driver candidates can stop in to visit and learn about the benefits of driving for Schneider, including:
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement: $200 per month available for recent graduates of truck driving schools and current drivers who are still paying off truck driving school loans.
- Several home time configurations: Schneider offers a wide variety of driving opportunities, allowing drivers to find the option that best suits their work-life balance needs.
- Automated transmission trucks: Every new truck Schneider purchases comes equipped with automated transmission, which makes the task of driving easier and safer.
Those who have a commercial driver’s license, but haven’t driven in a while, can also participate in one of Schneider’s commercial driver’s license (CDL) refresher courses to get back into the driver’s seat.
Professional drivers interested in Schneider’s opportunities are encouraged to visit www.schneiderjobs.com. Those in or near the Shrewsbury area on May 6 are invited to visit the new facility between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to tour the building, enjoy a free lunch and speak with onsite recruiters.
Schneider is a leading transportation and logistics services company providing a broad portfolio of premier truckload, intermodal and logistics solutions and operating one of the largest for-hire trucking fleets in North America.