Our drivers have voted it their favorite location, and it continues to win awards year after year. Here’s how Schneider’s West Memphis facility continues to show it’s the place everyone wants to call home.
Survey says: West Memphis
In a survey of what’s most important to drivers, parking, showers and driver supplies topped the list. In Schneider’s 2018 challenge, West Memphis ranked number one in all three, and won our facility bracket challenge!
- Best parking: West Memphis
- 289 bobtail
- 46 combination
- Hazmat, Bulk
- 619 total spots
- Best entry/exit: West Memphis
- Best showers: West Memphis (13 total)
- Best Driver Services supplies: West Memphis
“The friendly atmosphere from our team makes sure that whether you are coming or going, someone is there to greet you!” - Bryan Benesh, Driver Services leader
West Memphis facility amenities
West Memphis’ amenities are what really makes it stand out from the nearly 20 large facilities in Schneider’s nationwide facility network. If a driver takes their restart at the facility, they have everything they need to be comfortable, including a café that’s open seven days a week!
- 24-hour maintenance
- Exercise equipment
- Kiosk for laptops
- Laundry machines
- Physical therapy
- TV lounge
- Café open seven days a week
- Vending/ice machine
- Schneider store
- 7 fuel lanes
- 3 company vehicles
Location, location, location!
Schneider’s facility at 800 College Blvd in West Memphis, Ark., is also located across the street from a beautiful lake surrounded by:
- a ¾-mile asphalt walking path
- tennis courts
- a playground
- covered sitting areas
- park benches
When they have breaks, many drivers and office workers take advantage of trout fishing and feeding the ducks that call the lake their home.
Next door to the facility, there is also:
- a fast-food restaurant
- a convenience store
- a walk-in medical facility that accepts Schneider’s insurance
What are people saying about West Memphis?
“Our people are what makes the difference. We have a fantastic driver services and operations team. The maintenance and training teams go above and beyond to make our drivers feel at home.” - Bryan Benesh, Driver Services leader
“I appreciate everything my DTL (Driver Team Leader) does for me! Trisha and the staff make me feel welcome! I’m not just a number.”
The awards prove it
The West Memphis facility beams with Schneider pride! The team cares about our drivers and their coworkers and wants to see them succeed and grow within the company. This rings true with the numerous awards the facility has taken home recently:
- West Memphis team leader Doug Helton received the Patriot Award by the ESGR (Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve). A driver submitted the nomination to recognize Doug for his service to our country as well as the personal support and mentorship he provided.
- Schneider’s West Memphis team accepted the Large Business of the Year Award from their local Chamber of Commerce. The award recipient is selected based on the positive impact the organization has on the community — especially through charitable giving and volunteerism.
- They also received VTL 2018 Division of the Year for both teams and solos, as well as the Safety award for solo. Nominees are determined by comparing overall margin earnings, revenue performance and growth, earnings growth and margin improvement.
Stay tuned for more blog posts featuring locations across Schneider’s nationwide facility network.
Ready to make West Memphis your home away from home?
Schneider is hiring drivers now out of our top-ranked West Memphis location. Check out all driving jobs nearby, and get started.