2022 Semi Showdown - Truck Photo Contest Rules and Regulations
SCHNEIDER NATIONAL INC.’S Semi Showdown – Truck Photo Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SUBJECT TO THE ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS BELOW, OPEN TO: (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. START/END DATES: The contest consists of two periods, a “Submission Period,” which starts on February 28, 2022, at 12:00 pm Central Standard Time (“CST”), and ends on March 14, 2022, at 12:00 pm CST, and a “Voting Period,” which starts on March 29, 2022, at 12:00 pm CST, and ends on April 19, 2022, at 12:00 pm CST. Schneider National, Inc. (“Schneider” or the “Sponsor”) will keep the official time clock for the contest and will determine, in its sole discretion, whether entries and votes for this contest are timely.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of Schneider National Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies are eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws. U.S. law governs this Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Google+. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the contest. The photos chosen as finalists for voting will be selected by Schneider marketing associates. All other submitted photos will not be eligible for the contest prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Contest in the following way during the Submission Period: an entrant may post their photo (as further described below) in the comments section of the Schneider Truck Driving Jobs Facebook post promoting the contest blog post (https://www.facebook.com/jobsatschneider/posts/10159337983915485). (Entry materials and photograph collectively a “Submission.”) Online Submission must be received by 12:00 PM CST on March 14, 2022 in order to be eligible. Limit one (1) Submission per person. Subsequent Submissions submitted by the same person will be void. Submissions that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Submissions that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, late or inaccurate are void. Incomplete Submissions or Submissions not complying with these official rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Providing Submission indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these contest rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected Submissions. If an entrant changes his/her email address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by (postal) mailing notice to Sponsor’s address (listed below) to be received by the end of the Voting Period.
All Submissions, including all submitted photographs, must conform to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions set forth below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”). Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant if Sponsor believes that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Must be taken by the entrant;
- Must show a Schneider semi-tractor in the photo;
- If multiple photos are submitted, only the first photo submitted by each participant will be counted in the selection process.
Information to be included with photo:
- City and State photo was taken in;
- Optional information to include with photo:
- Entrant’s role at Schneider (if applicable);
- Years/Months with Schneider (if applicable)
Content Restrictions for Submissions, including photos:
- Must not be taken while operating a moving vehicle;
- Must not feature or appear to feature a truck parked on the side of the road or in any other unsafe locations.
- Must not depict any recognizable or identifiable people;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Must not disparage anyone, including Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- Must not include or depict brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
- Must not contain text, images, footage, artwork, or other material not created by entrant;
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or other protected classification, and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful or is in violation of, or contrary to, the laws or regulations of any applicable jurisdiction.
Sponsor may disqualify any Submission that is inappropriate for any reason, in its sole discretion. All Submissions, including all photos and all applicable intellectual property rights, will become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, and receipt of a Submission will not be acknowledged or returned. As the exclusive owner, Sponsor may, without limitation, use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display any Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and incorporate into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
- No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images.
- Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted;
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Schneider associates will select the 16 photos from the Submissions that will participate in the entire bracket during the Voting Period. The public Voting Period will begin on March 29, 2022, at 12:00 pm CST, and will end on April 19, 2022, at 12:00 pm CST. Voting is determined by Facebook post reactions on each photo that will run for 24 hours. Each day during the Voting period, there will be a Facebook post on the Schneider Truck Driving Jobs Facebook page with two photo entrants that followers vote on by reacting to the photo they want to win. The photo with the most Facebook reaction votes wins that matchup and moves on to the next round in a single elimination format that consists of 5 rounds. The first matchups for each photo will be selected at random. The winner will be chosen after competing in a 16 bracket single elimination challenge and will have most votes in the championship round. Any activity that Schneider deems fraudulent, unfair, or unethical (such as automated voting using bots, scripts, or other software tools, or one individual casting votes using multiple Facebook accounts) is not permitted and may result in a Submission being removed and/or the entrant disqualified.
The winner will be notified via Direct Message on Facebook or Instagram on April 19, 2022 after 12:00 PM CST. The winner will have until Monday, April 25, 2022 at 12:00 PM CST to accept prize and provide contact and requested details. Winner will provide First Name, Last Name, Address and sweatshirt size information.
6. PRIZE: The finalist whose Submission earned the most votes during the championship round will receive one (1) Schneider branded sweatshirt, one (1) Schneider bag, one (1) Ride of Pride Coin and one (1) Schneider sticker (the “Prize”) and photo featured on Schneider’s social media profiles. All entrants may have their photo featured on the www.schneiderjobs.com web pages or social media profiles. Winner may be required to submit a photograph of him/herself. Prizes that remain unclaimed after 90 days will not be awarded. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these official rules are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize is unavailable at the time the Prize is awarded.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules including all eligibility requirements. If applicable, an entrant that has checked the box that appears on the registration form agrees to receive future information from the Sponsor. All materials submitted in connection with the Contest become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By accepting a Prize, Prize winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material and entry submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter known including but not limited to, any online announcements, or for sharing this information with the press for viewing, whether TV or print, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these official rules. Entrants agree that any and all disputes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, INSURERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, ALL THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME STATES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW. RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE, INACCURATE, DELAYED, GARBLED, DAMAGED, STOLEN OR MISDIRECTED SUBMISSIONS, OR PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER MECHANICAL, HUMAN OR ELECTRONIC. RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, INTERNET FAILURES OF ANY KIND, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, INABILITY TO ACCESS A WEBSITE, INABILITY TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY, OR FRAUD, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY SPONSOR, USERS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING OF SUBMISSIONS WHICH MAY DAMAGE A USER’S SYSTEM OR LIMIT AN ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANT’S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LATE, LOST, INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE, DAMAGED, POSTAGE-DUE OR MISDIRECTED ENTRIES OR MAIL. ENTRY MATERIALS THAT HAVE BEEN TAMPERED WITH OR ALTERED ARE VOID. SHOULD ANY PORTION OF THE CONTEST BE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE OPINION, COMPROMISED BY VIRUS, WORMS, BUGS, NON-AUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION OR OTHER CAUSES WHICH, IN THE SOLE OPINION OF THE SPONSOR, CORRUPT OR IMPAIR THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER PLAY, OR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES, OR SHOULD THE CONTEST BE UNABLE TO RUN AS PLANNED FOR ANY OTHER REASON, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO TERMINATE THE CONTEST AND, IF TERMINATED, AT ITS DISCRETION, SELECT THE POTENTIAL WINNER[S] IN A RANDOM DRAWING FROM AMONG ALL ELIGIBLE, NON-SUSPECT ENTRIES RECEIVED PRIOR TO ACTION TAKEN. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF SUCH TERM OR ANY OTHER PROVISION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT WHO VIOLATES THE RULES OR INTERFERES WITH THE CONTEST IN ANY MANNER. IF AN ENTRANT IS DISQUALIFIED, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE SUCH ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST VIA A BOT SCRIPT OR OTHER BRUTE FORCE ATTACK OR ANY OTHER UNAUTHORIZED MEANS WILL RESULT IN THAT INDIVIDUAL’S IP ADDRESS BECOMING INELIGIBLE. USE OF AUTOMATED ENTRY DEVICES OR PROGRAMS IS PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S PERMISSION FOR SPONSOR TO USE HIS/HER NAME, ADDRESS (CITY AND STATE), LIKENESS, PHOTOGRAPH, PICTURE, PORTRAIT, VOICE, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, SUBMISSION, AND ANY OF HIS/HER STATEMENTS REGARDING THE PROMOTION OR SPONSOR FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, WITHOUT NOTICE OR COMPENSATION, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Wisconsin, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner of the Contest, available after May 7, 2022, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Schneider Marketing Dept., 3101 S. Packerland Drive, Green Bay, WI, 54306.
12. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor and administer of this contest is Schneider National, Inc., 3101 S. Packerland Drive, Green Bay, Wisconsin, 54306.
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Schneider National Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, affiliates, agents, attorneys, insurers, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Void where prohibited by law.
©Copyright 2022 Schneider National, Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these official rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.