Trailer Technician II
- Laredo, TX
- Third shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday + every other weekend 8:00pm-6:30am
Schneider is seeking a skilled Trailer Technician II who will perform van trailer repairs, in a proficient manner, from minor repairs to accident repairs. You will have the opportunity to diagnose and repairs minor trailer electrical systems, as well as complete routine rebuilds and replacements. You will be looked at as a subject matter expert to make the best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and then perform technical repairs and/or replacements.
About the role:
- Diagnose and repairs problems in the areas including all external component replacements and routine repairs, annual vehicle inspections (AVIs), Preventative Maintenance (PM), brake jobs, ABS systems, satellite/cellular systems, tires and lighting repairs.
- Repair/replace components on the body, trailer, chassis, and container to include tires, prop legs, landing gear, and minor accident repair. Some locations may require repair of lift gates, roll-up door, and congear.
- Utilize parts reference materials, the computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems and identify and locate parts. Charge out parts removed from inventory and assists in maintaining parts inventory.
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles (based on location) to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers and suppliers as needed.
- Read paper and electronic instructions to understand, document and close completed work orders. Utilizing paper (i.e. permits) and computer systems (M5) to accurately create, track and complete work order repairs including the tracking of time (labor hours), parts used and work completed.
- Communicate with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- A competitive hourly wage: starting pay between $17/hour and $25.60/hour paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work.
- A results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay.
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account.
- A clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and company provided uniforms.
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in welding, electronics, or related systems, with one to two years of relevant experience.
- Skills with Windows based computer systems and an ability to use diagnostic software.
- An ability to read and understand technical reference materials (ie. Service bulletins, repair manuals).
- An ability to provide personal tools within 30 days of hire per the instruction of the shop leader.
- Completed required training prior to entrance into this role or within 12 months of hire.
- Annual Vehicle Inspector certification (per DOT requirements) and Brake Inspector certification (per DOT requirements).
- Demonstrated welding skills in non-standard situations and on varying materials.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.