MLS - Shop Manager
- Lincoln, AL
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
Midwest Logistics Systems, LTD. (MLS) is seeking an experienced Shop Manager to be accountable for ensuring internal line of business satisfaction, lowering the cost of repairs, and increasing equipment availability in a Maintenance Shop. This includes the development and execution of long and short-range goals, action plans, and effective leadership of the shop associates. With MLS, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Reinforce and demonstrate MLS's core values and support our core value of safety first and always. Addressing any unsafe behaviors, auditing for safety compliance, and ensuring all visitors in the shop are safe.
- Accountable for all maintenance costs, equipment availability, and repair decisions for fleet units. This includes frequent communication with the Line of Business for approvals and to understand the business needs and the priority of the equipment.
- Appropriately staff the shop for the skills needed. This includes creating a staffing plan, working with Recruiters, conducting interviews, making offers, and on-boarding new associates.
- Set performance goals both for the shop as a whole and for individuals. Identify and execute action plans associated with those goals.
- Create and sustain a high performance environment through your leadership processes and actions.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate, you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes a leading benefits package including:
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Company-provided uniforms and safety equipment, including yearly boot reimbursement
- Strong training and mentorship
- Tool discount program
Ideal candidate will have:
- College degree and/or two years of equivalent work experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude, shop or transportation operations leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrated abilities in coaching and mentoring
Wholly owned subsidiaries of Schneider, Midwest Logistics Systems, Ltd. (MLS) and Midwest Truck and Trailer Maintenance, LLC (MTTM) are operated separately from Schneider with separate operating procedures, qualification requirements, pay packages and benefits. If you have any questions about MLS/MTTM maintenance jobs, please contact a recruiter at email@example.com.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.