Maintenance Team Leader$5,000 sign-on bonus
- Portland, OR
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 1:00pm-10:30pm
Schneider is seeking a Maintenance Team Leader to help facilitate the successful management of the company shop. All actions will be in support of increasing line of business satisfaction, lowering the cost of repairs, and increasing equipment availability. This includes effectively working with the Senior Shop Manager, leading the shop in his/her absence. You will support Schneider's Union Free philosophy as well as maintaining vendor relationships. You will help complete performance documentation of associates that include Performance Assessments (PA), Business Partnerships (BP), and Individual Development Plans (IDP). With Schneider, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do!
About the Role:
- Accountable for equipment availability and repair decisions for fleet units. This includes communication with the Line of Business to understand the business needs in order to maximize the equipment availability and prioritize the work.
- On the job (live) work order audits and performance audits of associates. This includes giving performance feedback during the audit on the floor, ensuring the associates are using the checklists, and reinforcing the Schneider established work processes.
- Assign work to associates, matching the skill needed to complete the task along with developing associate skills. Ensure that everyone has completed their training on time including vendor based training.
- Support the Shop Manager in carrying out parts processes. This includes inventory controls, meeting parts key factors, maintaining appropriate inventory, ensuring accuracy of cycle counts, and reinforcing the use of Schneider parts processes with associates.
- Responsible for quickly addressing performance related problems. This could include disciplinary action, administering Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), or termination.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses.
IdeaI Candidate will have:
- Associates degree or equivalent four plus years work experience as a mechanic/technician. Transportation is a preference.
- Ability to work a minimum of one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) per month.
- Create and sustain a high performance environment through your leadership, actions and processes.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.