Service Advisor II$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Indianapolis, IN
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Schneider is seeking an experienced Service Advisor to be the main liaison between the Schneider drivers and our Shop. You will talk professionally with the drivers, write up service requests, and make minor repairs. You will estimate the repair times in order to provide reliable information to the drivers and the line of business regarding the availability of the equipment, and create accurate electronic work orders for the shop. You will also provide support in other areas such as sublet, parts, and the driver experience.
About the role:
- Consistently execute the eight tenets of Service Writing including: physically inspect the equipment, create accurate repair time estimate for each work order, complete small repairs, create a complete and accurate work order, identify who is paying for the repair, verify that the parts are in stock, pull parts, put in parts request if not in stock, determine accurate needed by time, inform the driver before he / she leaves the counter when the unit will be in the shop and when the work will be complete, proactively schedule the shop and assign the work (working with the shop leader).
- In cooperation with the Maintenance Team Leader, assign work to the mechanics with the goal of assigning the right work to the right associate.
- Educate/Train Drivers on the operation and features of their equipment and Schneider repair stances.
- Answer all incoming calls and communicate with the leadership team by radio and/or e-mail when person to person is not possible.
- Update the Work Order Management screens so accurate Estimated Completion Times (ECTs) can be given to drivers. Attention to detail is a must.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work
- A results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- A clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and company provided uniforms
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Ideal candidates will have:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience, a Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in automotive, diesel, or electrical preferred, plus a minimum of two - four years of relatable experience.
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills with the ability to positively impact others.
- Problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to analyze various courses of action and make recommendations.
- Windows based computer systems experience with strong attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of driver hours of service rules is a plus.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.