$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Laredo, TX
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Wednesday - Friday plus every other weekend 12:00pm-10:30pm
Schneider is seeking a Diesel Technician in Laredo, TX to handle annual inspections, troubleshooting, component replacements and preventative maintenance (PMs) on our truck and trailer fleet. Our diesel technician jobs offer an opportunity for individuals to further develop their skills in the shop.
- Perform PMs, annual inspections and repairs on tractors and trailers.
- Complete express services like tire changes, brake adjustments and minor electrical repairs.
- Communicate status updates to internal customers.
Skills and qualifications
- A technical degree in diesel technology or related field, or a minimum of one year of diesel technician experience.
- Computer systems experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience.
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, plus an additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.