$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Gary, IN
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday -Wednesday and every other weekend 5:00am-3:30pm
- Perform routine maintenance, inspections, rebuilds and component replacements as a Trailer Technician in Gary.
- Work on company trailers.
- Perform routine repairs and preventive maintenance to trailers – like tire changes, minor electrical repairs and greasing.
- Use maintenance software to create and track work orders.
- Communicate status updates with internal customers.
Skills and qualifications:
- Technical degree in welding, electronics, or related systems, or a minimum of one year of trailer technician experience.
- Basic welding skills preferred.
- Computer systems and diagnostic software experience.
- Able to provide recommendations regarding maintenance and repair decisions.
- Able to provide own tools within 30 days of hire.
Pay and benefits:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience.
- Additional $1.50 per hour on second and third shift, additional $.65 per hour on weekends.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Company-provided uniforms and safety eyewear.
- Discounts on boots.
- Company-paid training.
- See full list of diesel technician benefits.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.