Over-the-Road (OTR) Van Truckload truck driver - eastern 37 statesTop drivers earn $80,000 | Up to $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $47,300 - $57,800
- Home time:
- Every other week
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Earn up to $0.50 per mile* starting pay and choose from a variety of home time options as a Schneider Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver. OTR truckers in this long-haul role will haul 95% no-touch freight and average 2,500 miles per week in the eastern 37 states.
Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver job overview
- $47,300 to $57,800* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks.
- $80,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn up to $850 in weekly guarantee pay during your first three months.
- Up to $0.50 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home biweekly, with flexible options available.
- 2,500 average miles per week in the eastern 37 states.
- Dry van trailers with 95% no-touch freight.
- $7,500 limited-time sign-on bonus for experienced drivers.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Still need a CDL, endorsement or more driving experience? Learn how to get a CDL or call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Over-the-Road Van Truckload truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Over-the-Road
- Satisfaction – The feeling you get from knowing the freight you haul keeps shelves stocked is nothing short of pride and accomplishment.
- All-encompassing pay packages – Your pay includes all facets of the exact job you do plus eligible annual pay increases and performance pay.
- Paid orientation – Whether you are an experienced or inexperienced truck driver, you will attend a paid orientation that covers all aspects of the job you’ll be doing.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Charlotte Facility and customer locations.
- Learn more about Van Truckload and Over-the-Road driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.