Driver Trainer II (OSR)Full-Time | Indianapolis, IN
A Driver Trainer II is a driver associate who supports existing drivers with various training needs, evaluate essential driving skills and determine road readiness. The Driver Trainer II is considered a subject matter expert in commercial driving and serves as a critical resource to both drivers and operations. The Driver Trainer II will also partner with operations to reposition equipment and pull freight as needed. The main objective of this role is to act as a safety advocate when assisting drivers with various training needs.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL holders
Driver Trainer II Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for administering hands on training based on individual driver needs, in accordance with curriculum developed by the curriculum design team.
- These trainings include but not limited to: performance enhancement training, preliminary skills behavior assessment, experienced enhancement module, annual evaluations, safetrac, return to work, hazmat, logging, road testing, etc.
- Partner with Safety and Training Leadership as well as operations to help resolve problems or issues identified during training, then make recommendations on next steps.
- Maintain and update training records to ensure compliance.
- Identify, correct, and report any unsafe act conducted by a Schneider associate.
- Support operations in other capacities to include repositioning equipment, hauling freight and performing truck inspections.
- Be a resource for professional driver associates on a variety of questions related to driving.
- Assist in the transfer of personal effects, turn-in of equipment, and any administrative details need for driver out processing.
- Help new driver associates adapt to the lifestyle of an Over the Road driver.
- Haul freight regularly
- Represent Schneider and self in a manner that reflects pride and professionalism through following the dress code and by strict adherence to the organizations core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
- This description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and timeliness.
- Exhibit behavior in alignment with our core values at all times.
Indianapolis Driver Trainer II Qualifications:
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT physical card
- Minimum 12 months of Class A driving experience with at least 6 months instructor/trainer experience
- Or 5 years of recent Class A driving experience
- Live within 60 miles of Indianapolis, IN
- Meet minimum driving qualifications for Schneider’s CDL drivers
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with minimal logging/hours of service violations
- Ability to identify, analyze, and correct unsafe or aggressive driving habits
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change
- Strong leadership qualities
- Knowledge of and adherence to policies
More Reasons to Choose Schneider:
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships
- We are a responsible member of the community
- Safety first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Join one of the top trucking companies in Indiana. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Driver Trainer II with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.