Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driverTop drivers earn $76,000 | Up to $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $58,050 - $70,950
- Home time:
- Every other week
- All CDL holders
- Job ID:
Enjoy some of the highest earning potential in the fleet with up to $0.53 per mile* (up to $76,000 per year with accessorial pay) as you travel the country hauling 2/3 non-hazardous loads as an Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver. Get home every other week and become an elite driver through Schneider’s industry-leading paid Tanker training.
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver truck driver job overview
- $58,050 to $70,950* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks and 15% of pay from accessorials.
- $76,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn $950 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Up to $0.53 per mile* with weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile.
- Home every other week.
- 2,100 average miles per week, mostly east of the Mississippi.
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight, with loading and unloading pay.
- $7,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred — required to start process within 60 days of hire.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Tanker
- Bigger money – You'll be one of the highest paid drivers in the fleet.
- Hands-on work – Enjoy a nice change of pace from driving as you get paid to unload using pumps and hoses.
- Elite paid training – Learn how to master this unique work with industry-leading paid orientation specifically for Tanker driving.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Savannah Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker and Over-the-Road truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.