Van Truckload and Intermodal Driver InstructorHome daily | Wilmer, TX
Coach and mentor truck driver candidates during the in-truck phase of the Entry Level Driver Training Program as a Van Truckload and Intermodal Driver Instructor. Enjoy daily home time as you work out of the Wilmer facility.
Wilmer Van Truckload and Intermodal Driver Instructor job overview
- Demonstrate and teach driving skills and techniques that align with Schneider Training Academy guidelines and training materials.
- Train driver candidates until they reach expected levels of ability in all in-truck and at-truck activities found in the Entry Level Driver Training Program curriculum.
- Clearly explain expectations and provide driver candidates with verbal and written performance feedback along with suggestions for improvement.
- Provide Training Academy leaders with status updates on driver candidates who are not progressing to expected levels of ability within set timelines.
- Use every available training resource (peer instructors, Driver Training leaders, Safety Training Managers, etc.) to help driver candidates improve their abilities as drivers.
- Maintain a work area (truck, trailer, yard and office desk) that is clean, serviceable and reflects the professional standards of the Training Academy.
- Successfully complete the annual instructor recertification process.
- Haul freight as needed.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and timeliness, including team meetings.
- Demonstrate professional behavior that aligns with Schneider core values, high standards and dress code.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change as needed by business demands.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Wilmer Van Truckload and Intermodal Driver Instructor qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT physical card.
- Minimum 12 months of Class A driving experience and six months of verifiable instructor/training experience or minimum five years of recent Class A driving experience.
- Meet minimum driving qualifications for Schneider’s CDL drivers and have a knowledge of and adherence to policies.
- Live within 70 miles of Wilmer, TX.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with minimal logging or Hours of Service violations.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and correct unsafe or aggressive driving habits.
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Strong leadership qualities.
Additional Van Truckload and Intermodal Driver Instructor job benefits
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider in Wilmer
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Wilmer Facility.
- Learn more about Schneider’s culture for Driver Instructors.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep: