Regional Intermodal truck driverCDL Apprenticeship Program | Top drivers earn $85,000
CDL training available
- Average pay:
- $59,900 - $73,500
- Home time:
- No CDL
- Job ID:
- Company-paid CDL training:
CDL apprenticeship training
Earn up to $85,000 per year* and get home weekly as a Chicago Regional Intermodal truck driver. Enjoy hauling 90% no-touch freight containers in and out of the rail yards, with 24/7 driver support in one of the country’s largest rail hubs.
Regional Intermodal truck driver job overview
- $59,900 to $73,500* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks.
- $85,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn at least $1,000 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Up to $0.53 per mile* plus $20 per load* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.06 per mile.
- Home weekly.
- 2,000 average miles per week within 500 miles of your park location.
- 90% no-touch Intermodal freight on company-owned Intermodal chassis.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Regional Intermodal truck driver qualifications
- Individuals looking to obtain their Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Individuals who currently have Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) from their State of residence.
- Live within 100 miles of Chicago, IL and live in Illinois.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsements required within 60 days of hire.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Need CDL training? Explore our company-paid CDL training programs or call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through it.
Additional Regional Intermodal truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Company-paid CDL training options: tuition reimbursement ($200-$400/month) or CDL Apprenticeship Training (paid five-week training at a Schneider facility).
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more - see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Intermodal
- Less wasted time - 100% company-owned Intermodal chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential.
- New equipment - Nearly 100% automated transmissions in day cab and sleeper trucks averaging 3 years of age.
- Constant support - Onside, individual leaders and dispatch with low driver-to-leader ratios and 24/7/365 operation and maintenance support.
- Position based out of Schneider's Chicago Facility and customer locations.
- Learn more about Intermodal and Regional driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights - expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview - what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog - answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.