Van Truckload Training Engineer$7,500 sign-on bonus
- Average pay:
- $980 - $1,200 weekly
- Home time:
- Every other week
- 6 months or greater CDL experience
- Job ID:
- Coach and mentor newly hired Schneider driver associates.
- Drive for one week with students in their final stage of training.
- Complete training evaluations and provide students with feedback on their progression and performance.
- Conduct and demonstrate pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Process paperwork and plan routes.
- Ensure new driving candidates are adhering to all Schneider operating procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and timeliness.
- Model safe driving and safe work practices with or without students.
- Exhibit behavior in alignment with our core values at all times.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Pay and bonus potential
- Earn up to $10,000 more per year than average truck drivers.
- Receive $100 per day, per student mentored.
- Earn up to a $30 monthly safety and retention bonus per student for up to 5 months.
- Weekly paychecks.
- Weekly performance pay.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- $7,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
*Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- DOT physical card.
- At least 6 months of Class A tractor trailer experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively.
- HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities.
Still need more experience or have questions about qualifications? Call us at 800-447-7433, and we can talk you through everything.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending options.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- See full list of driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Hear more about this role from our Training Engineers
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.