Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver | Guaranteed Daily Rate Option | Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus | Up to $0.56 cpm | 2 Weeks Out & 1 Week Home | Kentucky
Starting a new career in trucking, or maybe just at a new company, can be overwhelming. We're now offering a guaranteed daily rate option for qualified drivers so you can count on a consistent pay check while building your skills and learning the ropes at Schneider. Over-the-Road truck drivers earn up to $0.52 per mile* starting pay with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile and a schedule of 2 weeks out and 1 week home in our unique "home run" configuration. Three drivers will share two trucks in this CDL driving job, which means you get maximum home time while still receiving full-time benefits. OTR truckers haul 95% no-touch freight and average 2,300-2,400 miles per week. If you want to explore the country and rack up the miles, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an Over-the-Road driver for Schneider. Start your OTR trucking career in Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
Up to $72,000 per year* with a new pay increase - standard mileage rate (up to $0.52 cpm) or guaranteed daily rate for qualified drivers
- $10,000 sign-on bonus per experienced driver
- $7,500 sign-on bonus per inexperienced driver
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates, for example, have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Industry-leading, year-round nationwide freight base
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, locate equipment, expedite access and more
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Since 1935, Schneider has had over 5,000 drivers who've driven over one million consecutive miles safely. Experienced drivers continue to call Schneider home because they know firsthand that Schneider treats drivers right. Experience it for yourself.
"With Schneider, I'm family. I wouldn't trade this for anything."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Kentucky. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.