Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker Truck Driver | Up to $8,000 Sign-on Bonus | Up to $0.51 cpm | Chicago, IL, Joliet, IL, Kankakee, IL or Gary, IN
6 preferred days off each month
All CDL holders
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck drivers at Schneider travel the country and specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals - 2/3 of them non-hazardous. OTR Tanker truckers earn up to $0.51 per mile* (up to $75,000 per year with accessorial pay) and get home six days per month with a flexible time off program.
Never pulled a tanker? No worries! Schneider provides industry-leading paid tanker training and ongoing advancement opportunities. Get started now and advance your career as part of Schneider's elite group of OTR Tanker drivers, enjoying a small-company feel with large-company benefits!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Illinois Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.51 per mile*
- Up to $0.03 per mile quarterly performance bonus
- Up to $75,000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $8,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- 100% hazmat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Illinois Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 75 miles of Chicago,IL, Kankakee, IL, Joliet, IL or Gary, IN, and live in Indiana or Illinois
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire
- Hazmat endorsements required within 30 days of hire
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age is two years old with 51% automated transmissions
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving
- Industry-leading, personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
Schneider has led the industry since 1935 because we understand one simple, profound truth: It's all about people. The best combination of freight, money, equipment and home time is a byproduct of respecting each and every individual. You'll be treated right from the moment you apply.
"I'm not a number at Schneider. I'm a person. When you have people that ask how you are or wish you a happy birthday or a happy anniversary, that means a lot."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Illinois and Indiana. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: