Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker Truck Driver | Up to $7,500 Sign-on Bonus | Chattanooga, TN
6 preferred days off each month
All CDL holders
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck drivers at Schneider travel the country and specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals - 2/3 of them non-hazardous. OTR Tanker truckers earn up to $0.520 per mile* (up to $74,000 per year with accessorial pay) and get home six days per month with a flexible time off program.
Never pulled a tanker? No worries! Schneider provides industry-leading paid tanker training and ongoing advancement opportunities. Get started now and advance your career as part of Schneider's elite group of OTR Tanker drivers, enjoying a small-company feel with large-company benefits!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Chattanooga Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.520 per mile*
- Up to $0.03 per mile quarterly performance bonus
- Up to $74,000 per year* with average 15% of pay from accessorials
- $7,500 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- 100% hazmat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Over-the-Road Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Chattanooga Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 200 miles of Chattanooga, TN and live in Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee
- Tanker endorsements required at time of hire
- Hazmat endorsements required within 60 days of hire
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age is two years old with 51% automated transmissions
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support to keep you moving
- 2/3 non-hazardous loads
- Industry-leading, personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Continuous investment in tractors, trailers and other tanker equipment
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
Safety isn't a buzzword - it's a way of life at Schneider. Nothing we do is worth harming ourselves or others. Drivers love that, and it's just one more thing that's separated Schneider from the rest for over 80 years.
"I like that Schneider promotes safety all the time. The rules don't change from one person to the next. Schneider teaches you the correct way to operate a vehicle, without any shortcuts."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Tennessee. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: