Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver | $5,000 Sign-on Bonus | CO, UT, NV, WY & ID
Every other week
3 months or greater CDL experience
Over-the-Road truck drivers earn up to $0.46 per mile* starting pay in this long haul CDL driving job. OTR truckers haul 90% no-touch freight and average 2,500-2,800 miles per week. If you want to hit the open road, explore the country and rack up the miles, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an Over-the-Road driver for Schneider. Start your OTR trucking career with Schneider today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
Full-time CDL OTR truck drivers are eligible for:
- Up to $75,000 per year*How is this number determined?
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for an experienced driver
- Up to $0.03 per mile quarterly performance bonus
- Up to $0.02 per mile annual pay increase
- Accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan - when you contribute 1-4%, company matches 50%; on the 5th and 6th percent, matches dollar for dollar
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Mobile communications platform - The latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Nationwide facility network with many locations offering free showers, laundry, Wi-Fi, exercise equipment, TV lounges and cafeterias
- Training Engineer (driver trainer) opportunities available after six months, paying all miles/accessorials, plus $60 training pay per day and potential bonuses
- Advantage Club - After five years with Schneider, you'll be admitted into this exclusive club with a variety of unique opportunities paid for by Schneider
- Passenger program - Take a loved one out on the road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10
- Discount program - Enjoy year-round discounts and special offers from hundreds of national and local companies
- Financial, legal, adoption and insurance - Financial planning and debt management service, access to family legal and CDL protector plans, adoption assistance and discounts on home, auto and personal accident insurance
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
Additional Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits for Military Personnel
- Credit for Military Experience Program - up to 100% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay and benefits
- Military Apprenticeship Program - may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,266 per month)
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for Guard and Reserve members
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Wyoming or Idaho
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
Another Reason Truck Drivers Choose Schneider:
Excellence since 1935
We didn't get to 11,000+ truck drivers overnight. We started with one man, one truck and one dream, and we've continued to grow into the industry leader by putting drivers first. We're excited for you to help us shape the next 80 years.
"I really like it here. I've driven for other companies, and no one is like Schneider."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Utah and Colorado. Call Kay at 800-891-7144 for more information about becoming an OTR truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: