Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver | Guaranteed Daily Rate Option | Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus | Up to $0.54 cpm
Starting a new career in trucking, or maybe just at a new company, can be overwhelming. We're now offering a guaranteed daily rate option for qualified drivers so you can count on a consistent pay check while building your skills and learning the ropes at Schneider. In this new long haul configuration, Schneider Over-the-Road truck drivers stay in the eastern 37 states, earning up to $0.50 per mile* starting pay with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile and averaging 2,300-2,500 miles per week. Haul 95% no-touch freight and choose from different home time options. If you're looking to hit the open road, rack up big miles and explore the country, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an OTR trucker for Schneider. Start your Over-the-Road truck driving career with Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
Up to $79,000 per year* with a new pay increase - standard mileage rate (up to $0.50 cpm) or guaranteed daily rate for qualified drivers
- $15,000 sign-on bonus per experienced drivers
- $7,500 sign-on bonus per inexperienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- Higher pay: Inexperienced OTR mileage rates, for example, have increased 17% in the last two years
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Industry-leading, year-round nationwide freight base
- 24/7/365 operations and maintenance support
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, locate equipment, expedite access and more
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
- Nationwide facility network, many locations offering free showers, laundry, WiFi, exercise equipment, TV lounges, cafeterias and more
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Other companies can claim similar core values to Schneider, but Schneider puts them into practice every day. It's why drivers have chosen Schneider since 1935. See for yourself today.
"I drive for Schneider because of the values listed on my shoulder badge: Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Safety First and Always. Other companies may have the same info, but we live it." Ron, Schneider driver
Join one of the top trucking companies. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
NEED A CDL OR REFRESHER?
Paid options available:
- Schneider paid CDL training program in as little as 2 weeks for those starting a driving career
- Schneider paid 3-day refresher course for drivers restarting a driving career