Team Truck Driver | Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus per Team | Up to $0.55 cpm | Louisiana
Team truck drivers in Schneider's Van Truckload Division enjoy some of the fleet's highest compensation - $0.51 per mile* starting pay with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile and an average of 5,000-6,000 miles per week (more or less, by choice) and 1,100 miles per haul. With 95% no-touch freight (most loads drop-and-hook), you'll be able to keep the wheels turning on a predictable schedule as you rack up more miles and money than solo drivers. Enjoy your partner's company and split your miles, not your pay, when you start your Schneider Team truck driving career today in Louisiana.
Need a Team driving partner? Schneider offers a Team Matching Program to connect you with one.
If you already have a qualified Team driving partner, you both need to apply.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants
- All Class A CDL holders
- Current team truck drivers
Louisiana Team Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $72,000 per year*
- $10,000 sign-on bonus per experienced drivers
- $7,500 sign-on bonus per inexperienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly per driver
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase per driver
- Additional $0.01 per mile when both team partners have hazmat endorsement
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Team Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Schneider paid CDL training program option in as little as 2 weeks for those starting a driving career
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Louisiana Team Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within Louisiana
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
More Reasons to Choose Team Driving at Schneider
- 100% Van Truckload Team trucks have automated transmissions, with an average age of 8 months
- Mobile communications platform - the latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- Training Engineer (driver trainer) opportunities available after six months, paying all miles/accessorials, plus $60 training per day and potential bonuses
- Passenger program - take a loved one out on the road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10
- Financial, legal, adoption assistance and discounts on home, auto and personal accident insurance
- Learn more about Team driving
Schneider has been an industry leader since 1935 because we understand one simple, profound truth: It's all about people. The best combination of freight, money, equipment and home time is a byproduct of respecting each and every individual. You'll be treated right from the moment you apply.
"I'm not a number at Schneider. I'm a person. When you have people that ask how you are or wish you a happy birthday or a happy anniversary, that means a lot."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Louisiana. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Team truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.