Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver | Up to $0.50 cpm | 2 Weeks Out & 1 Week Home | Tennessee & Alabama
Every other week
All CDL holders
Over-the-Road truck drivers earn up to $0.46 per mile* starting pay and a schedule of 2 weeks out and 1 week home in this long haul CDL driving job. OTR truckers haul 95% no-touch freight and average 2,200-2,800 miles per week. If you want to hit the open road, explore the country and rack up the miles, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an Over-the-Road driver for Schneider. Start your OTR trucking career with Schneider today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
Full-time CDL OTR truck drivers are eligible for:
- Up to $70,000 per year* with a new pay increaseHow is this number determined?
- $6,000 sign-on bonus for an experienced driver
- $1,000 sign-on bonus for an inexperienced driver
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly per driver
- Up to $0.02 per mile annual pay increase per driver
- Accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan - when you contribute 1-4%, company matches 50%; on the 5th and 6th percent, matches dollar for dollar
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Schneider paid CDL training program option for those starting a driving career
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Up to $3,000 per driver referral
- Flexible scheduling available
- Mobile communications platform - The latest in-truck technology with electronic logging, GPS navigation, web browsing and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Nationwide facility network with many locations offering free showers, laundry, Wi-Fi, exercise equipment, TV lounges and cafeterias
- Training Engineer (driver trainer) opportunities available after six months, paying all miles/accessorials, plus $60 training pay per day and potential bonuses
- Advantage Club - After five years with Schneider, you'll be admitted into this exclusive club with a variety of unique opportunities paid for by Schneider
- Passenger program - Take a loved one out on the road with you. Eligible passengers include friends over the age of 18 and immediate family members over the age of 10
- Discount program - Enjoy year-round discounts and special offers from hundreds of national and local companies
- Financial, legal, adoption and insurance - Financial planning and debt management service, access to family legal and CDL protector plans, adoption assistance and discounts on home, auto and personal accident insurance
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
Additional Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits for Military Personnel
- Credit for Military Experience Program - up to 100% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay and benefits
- Military Apprenticeship Program - may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,266 per month)
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for Guard and Reserve members
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- Live within Tennessee or Alabama
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced CDL opens more opportunities
Another Reason Truck Drivers Choose Schneider:
Safety First and Always
It's our top core value for a reason. Safety is at the heart of everything we do, and you will never be asked to do something unsafe. More than 5,000 Schneider drivers have been recognized for driving more than 1 million consecutive miles safely.
"We cannot imagine any other company that cares more about safety than Schneider, and that comes down to respect for the drivers and everyone on the road."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Tennessee and Alabama. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming an OTR truck driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: