Night Intermodal Truck Driver | $7,500 Sign-on Bonus | Home Daily | Sturtevant, WI
3 months or greater CDL experience
Chicago Night Intermodal truck drivers at Schneider enjoy daily home time and earn up to $85,000 per year* in this CDL driving position. Intermodal truckers haul 100% no-touch freight containers - 75% drop-and-hook - in and out of the rail yards within IL, WI and IN. Staying that close to home and starting and ending your day at the rail yard means maximum home time.
Watch the videos to see for yourself why Chicago is the heart of Schneider's Intermodal network, and why you should be our next Chicago Intermodal trucker.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL holders
Sturtevant Intermodal Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $85,000 per year*
- $7,500 sign-on bonus
- Driver performance bonus paid out weekly - 86% of fleet receives bonus
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Intermodal Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Sturtevant Intermodal Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 50 miles of Sturtevant, WI
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
- Hazmat endorsements required within 60 days of hire
- Tanker endorsements required within 60 days of hire
- Night driving is required
More Reasons to Pick Schneider Intermodal based out of Chicago
- Average fleet age less than 2.5 years, over 85% automated transmissions
- Over 200 shippers and receivers within the Chicagoland area
- 100% company-owned chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential
- Onsite, individual leaders and dispatch with low driver-to-leader ratios to better ensure you're moving and productive
- Only Intermodal provider in North America with 100% fleet coverage of container-tracking technology and cargo-sensing capabilities
- Learn more about Schneider's Intermodal division
You can be an unappreciated steering wheel holder just about anywhere. Or you can drive with a carrier that cares about your safety, respects your time and wants you to be happy. Schneider has put drivers first for more than 80 years. Find your happiness with us this year.
"This is what makes me happy. I get to see the country, I never have to wear formal dress clothes to work again and my job is constantly teaching me new things and introducing me to new people."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Wisconsin. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Chicago Intermodal driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: