Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver | Guaranteed Daily Rate Option | Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus | New Pay Increase | Ontario Great Lakes Region
Starting a new career in trucking, or maybe just at a new company, can be overwhelming. We're now offering a guaranteed daily rate option for qualified drivers so you can count on a consistent pay check while building your skills and learning the ropes at Schneider. Over-the-Road Van Truckload drivers based in Canada earn up to $0.48 per mile* starting pay in this CDL driving job. OTR truckers haul 99% no-touch freight, mostly drop-and-hook, averaging 2,600 miles per week traveling through Canada and into the United States. If you want to hit the open road, explore North America and rack up miles, there's no better way than jumping behind the wheel as an Over-the-Road driver for Schneider. Start your trucking career in Schneider's Van Truckload division today!
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class AZ license holders
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Pay
Up to $72,000 CAD per year* with a new pay increase - standard mileage rate (up to $0.48 cpm) or guaranteed daily rate for qualified drivers
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $2,500 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more, paid out weekly
- $0.01 per mile automatic annual pay increase
- Potential accessorial pay for detention, layover, hand load/unload
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- RRSP with company match ($0.50 per dollar up to 6%)
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,500 tuition reimbursement (paid at ~$200/month based on exchange rate) for qualified drivers
- Accredited Ontario tractor trailer apprenticeship program
- Many more
Over-the-Road Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class AZ license
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed
- Live within 200 miles of Windsor, ON, Guelph, ON or Cornwall, ON
- Passport, FAST card or Enhanced Driver's License required at time of hire
More Reasons to Choose Canadian Over-the-Road Driving at Schneider
- Adventure - enjoy variety every day with different freight, customers and locations
- Expedited border crossing program and expertise
- Mobile apps to increase driver productivity, locate equipment, expedite access and more
- Facility locations in the U.S. and Canada are your home away from home
- Learn more about Over-the-Road driving
Other companies can claim similar core values to Schneider, but Schneider puts them into practice every day. It's why drivers have chosen Schneider since 1935 and why we've been established as a leader in Canada since 1990. See for yourself today.
"I find the people here to be great. They're helpful, respectful and great to talk to. It's a very caring environment."
Join one of the top trucking companies in Ontario. Call 800-856-9707 for more information about becoming a Canadian Over-the-Road truck driver with Schneider!
NEED A CDL OR REFRESHER?
Paid options available:
- Schneider paid CDL training program in as little as 2 weeks for those starting a driving career
- Schneider paid 3-day refresher course for drivers restarting a driving career