Intermodal Truck Driver | $10,000 Sign-on Bonus | Home Daily | Iowa City, IA
3 months or greater CDL experience
Schneider Intermodal truck drivers support Chicago, IL and Iowa City, IA earning up to $80,000 per year* and get home daily. This CDL driving position features 100% no-touch freight, and you'll haul Intermodal containers within Iowa City, IA and Chicago, IL. Schneider's average age of fleet is less than 3 years. Maximum home time with this Intermodal position.
Watch the videos to see for yourself why Chicago is the heart of Schneider's Intermodal network, and why you should be our next Intermodal trucker.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL holders
Iowa City Intermodal Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $80,000 per year*
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Performance pay up to $0.06 per mile more, paid out weekly – 86% of fleet receives bonus
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Home Daily Intermodal Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Paid 3-day refresher course option for drivers restarting a driving career
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more - see full list of benefits
Iowa City Intermodal Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
- Live within 30 miles of Iowa City, IA
- Night driving is required
More Reasons to Pick Schneider Intermodal based out of Chicago
- Average fleet age less than 3 years, over 85% automated transmissions
- Over 200 shippers and receivers within the Chicagoland area
- 100% company-owned chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential
- Onsite, individual leaders and dispatch with low driver-to-leader ratios to better ensure you're moving and productive
- Learn more about Schneider's Intermodal division
Schneider has led the industry since 1935 because we understand one simple, profound truth: It's all about people. The best combination of freight, money, equipment and home time is a byproduct of respecting each and every individual. You'll be treated right from the moment you apply.
"I'm not a number at Schneider. I'm a person. When you have people that ask how you are or wish you a happy birthday or a happy anniversary, that means a lot." -
Join one of the top trucking companies in Iowa. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Iowa Intermodal driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Get in the driver's seat. Find a job near you: