Military Veteran CDL Training and Truck Driving Jobs
Military Veterans, let the experience you've gained and the benefits you've earned open the door to a new career with Schneider, a top military friendly employer. Schneider can help guide you to a truck driving school that is able to provide veterans a path to utilize their GI Bill® benefits to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL). Upon completion of CDL training, candidates will attend orientation and start driving for Schneider. Start your truck driving career today!
Visit our Military page for more information on our various military program highlights including the Apprenticeship Program, Credit for Military Experience Program and our Ride of Pride fleet.
- Military Veterans with Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits
- Willingness to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Ability to provide a copy of DD Form 214 and Certificate of Eligibility
Truck Driver Pay & Benefits
Upon graduation, full-time CDL truck drivers are eligible for:
- A truck driver position with Schneider
- Paid orientation
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- Paid time off
- 24-hour access to company facilities with free and safe parking, showers, WI-FI, laundry assistance and cafeteria services
- No employment contract - we don't lock you in, but you'll want to stay
Military Veteran Programs
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for Guard and Reserve members
- Military Apprenticeship Program
- U.S. military veterans, Guard members and Reservists who are new to the trucking industry may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,266 per month)
- Check your eligibility by calling the VA at 888-442-4551.
- Credit for Military Experience Program
- If you drove a truck in the military with a qualifying Primary Specialty (35XX, 1391, 88M, 92F, 2T1X1) and were discharged in the last 24 months, or are actively serving in the Guard or Reserves*, 100% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay.
- If you held a transportation job in the military with a Primary Specialty not listed above and were discharged in the last 12 months, or are actively serving in the Guard or Reserves*, 100% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay.
- If you served in the military in a non-transportation capacity and were discharged in the last 12 months or are actively serving in the Guard or Reserves*, 25% of your time served will be used as Schneider driving experience credit towards pay.
Truck Driver Qualifications
- U.S. Military Veteran
More Reasons to join Schneider's top military friendly team:
Decorated Military Employer
Recognition is earned and Schneider is proud of what we've accomplished and the opportunities we provide. Many organizations have recognized Schneider, including the Department of Defense Freedom Award, G.I. Jobs®, Military.com and Civilianjobs.com. We are a proud supporter of AW2 (Army Wounded Warrior Program) and sponsor of Enlisted Association of National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) Al Schneider Award.
At Schneider, we value training at every stage of your career. We'll help you get your CDL and prepare you to be the safest driver on the road. We also have a focus on keeping you on top of your game through our on-going training initiatives.
Apply today to join a military friendly employer! For more information, call a recruiting representative at 866-VETSCDL.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.