Home Daily Intermodal Truck Driver | Night Shift | $2,500 Sign-on Bonus | 4 Day Work Week | Chicago, IL
Home daily Chicago Intermodal truck drivers at Schneider earn up to $85,000 per year* in this CDL driving position. Intermodal truckers haul 100% no-touch freight containers — 50% drop-and-hook — in and out of the rail yards within Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. Staying that close to home and starting and ending your day at the rail yard means maximum home time.
Watch the videos to see for yourself why Chicago is the heart of Schneider’s Intermodal network, and why you should be our next Chicago Intermodal Local trucker.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: Experienced Class A CDL Holders
Chicago Intermodal Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $85,000 per year*
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- Performance pay up to $6.00 more per load, paid out weekly - 95% of fleet receives bonus
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Local Intermodal Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits
- Many more — see full list of benefits
Chicago Intermodal Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL
- Minimum 3 months of Class A driving experience
- Hazmat endorsements required within 90 days of hire
- Tanker endorsements required within 90 days of hire
More Reasons to Pick Schneider Intermodal based out of Chicago
- Personalized Intermodal training with paid orientation
- 100% company-owned chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential
- Only Intermodal provider in North America with 100% fleet coverage of container-tracking technology and cargo-sensing capabilities
- Onsite fueling provided at Chicago terminal so you don’t have to spend time fueling the truck
- Over 200 shippers and receivers within the Chicagoland area
- Learn more about Schneider’s Intermodal division
Safety isn’t a buzzword — it’s a way of life at Schneider. Nothing we do is worth harming ourselves or others. Drivers love that, and it’s just one more thing that’s separated Schneider from the rest for over 80 years.
“I like that Schneider promotes safety all the time. The rules don’t change from one person to the next. Schneider teaches you the correct way to operate a vehicle, without any shortcuts.”
Join one of the top trucking companies in State. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Chicago Intermodal driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.