About the role:
- Quote, negotiate prices and oversee transportation services with carriers through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and closing deals in an open transactional selling environment.
- Grow business with current carriers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demands, as well as identifying, prospecting, and generating new carriers through analysis and discovery.
- Handle freight pickup, transit, and drop off to ensure on time delivery.
- Work closely with Inside Sales Representatives to provide short term and long term carrier solutions for prospective and current customers.
Successful candidates will:
- Have an associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Be skilled in effective communication, collaboration, problem solving, and building professional relationships with carriers, shippers and internal/external customers.
- Be proficient in building proposals, negotiating rates, and delivering both long and short term shipping solutions to customers.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.