Director of Warehouse Operations
- Tacoma, WA
- Other Locations:
Fontana , CA
Reno , NV
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for strategic minded, experienced Director of Warehouse Operations to join our senior leadership team. The primary responsibility of this position is to represent and provide leadership and coaching to the overall Warehouse Operations. The Director of Warehouse Operations will provide both strategic and tactical leadership for all aspects related to the warehouse key performance indicators (KPI's), strategic planning relating to the customer forecasts, and budgets in tandem to the staffing and budgeting process. The Director of Warehouse Operations is also accountable for achieving company objectives in regards to safety, quality, cost control, customer service, and associate engagement. Ultimately, this role is accountable for and responsible for all facets of the warehouse operation and to ensure success of the campus. This role is pivotal for growing the business for the organization.
Schneider has several warehouse facilities across the nation. We staff for complete coverage in locations that are 24/7 facilities. Our peak season runs from August-December where volumes and outputs are high. The Director of Warehouse Operations will have several direct reports as well as indirect reports. The Director role will embrace and facilitate change management and policy guidelines to achieve overall company and divisional goals as well as exceed customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Deliver needed results and strategies around staffing and scheduling to ensure resource demands are commensurate to volume and customer expectations
- Organize and facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure proper protocol and communication is cascaded appropriately
- Develop annual operating budget as well as project budgets and oversee them to ensure budgets are met
- Responsible for ensuring annual Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), metric, goals, and objectives are set and communicated as the beginning of the year and evaluate those goals/expectations on a regular basis
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Annual profit share bonus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent business experience
- 7-10 years strategic leadership experience, with demonstrated ability to lead through change
- Minimum of 5 years in third party logistics (3PL) warehousing as well as working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), yard systems, and EDI technology
- Strong business acumen with analytical ability to assess the business and drive the organization forward
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities with internal and external contacts
- Ability to constructively address issues, while holding the team accountable
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate in a matrix organization
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to business issues and drive results
- Able to lead tactically as well as strategically
- Possess high level of initiative
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2019 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.