Engineering Team Leader
Schneider is seeking a driven Engineering Team Leader as both a leader of a team and a hands-on practitioner responsible for organizational thought leadership in Engineering. This includes proactively evaluating new technologies and identifying industry best practices, while leveraging our existing process and technological capabilities across the enterprise to deliver results that consistently meet enterprise strategic objectives. As a supervisor, the Engineering Team Leader provides technical oversight, guidance and assistance to other team members as required to meet deadlines and budgets. As a hands-on practitioner the Engineering Team Leader will perform the skills and responsibilities of the appropriate technical Lead position.
About the role:
•Provide project leadership and technical direction to the development of engineering models, services and capabilities that support the achievement of line of business and enterprise goals and objectives.
• Proactively seek out and identify opportunities within and across the Tech organization and/or within a specific area of the business. Leverage broad cross functional business knowledge to produce results that improve business performance and help gain buy-in from the internal customers.
• Stay up to date on current industry trends, technology offerings and best practices, and through participation in knowledge sharing, educate the team on the same to effectively tackle current projects.
• Set priorities for associates in accordance with stakeholder interest. Collaborate and communicate across departments to facilitate schedule adherence.
As an Associate you will enjoy:
Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
Performance based pay plan, paid weekly with hourly rate vs flat rate, referral rewards program
Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Ideal candidates will have:
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering) plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience (data scientist / statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods, or Masters Degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Expert in designing and implementing mathematical optimization models using open source as well as commercial LP/IP solvers and/or advanced skills with predictive modeling using machine learning techniques and algorithms. Demonstrated ability to understand the uses and limitations of statistical and optimization methodologies to select the appropriate methodology to complete assignments.
- Able to understand and frame complex problems in a way that overcomes ambiguity and develop high performance innovative solutions that hands data imperfections. Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and self-direction.
- Experience with statistical software (R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS), data access/manipulation (SQL, pandas, dplyr) and NoSQL databases (MongoB, Cassandra, HBase) required; experience with cloud computation (AWS, Azure) highly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java and/or Python, modeling interfaces such as ILOG Concert, DoCPLEX or Gurobipyn, one or more high level modeling languages such as AMPL, GAMS or MOSEL.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
We are a responsible member of the community.
Safety- first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.