- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Would you love the chance to source and work with technology? Are you passionate about developing and maintaining technology and software management systems? Schneider is looking for a Technical Buyer to join our organization. You will have responsibility for the timely and cost-effective sourcing of complex technology goods and services in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. In addition, you will be accountable for effective and timely communication to the technology teams and all other Schneider departments to enhance the technology environment for our customers. Check out the duties and requirements below and apply today.
About the role:
- You will negotiate and procure technology hardware and software and be a single point of contact for all vendor administrator and negotiation to receive the best possible price and performance
- You will provide assistance in the design and maintenance of technology asset management system and development and administration of an effective software license management system
- You will champion a team attitude which focuses on high internal collaboration, 100% customer happiness, quality processes, and zero-defects
- Additionally, you may need to provide backup support to the Corporate Purchasing team as appropriate
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
You will need:
- An Associates degree in Business Administration/Purchasing or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of two years experience with vendor management and contract negotiation
- Strong communication, positive attitude, detail orientation and influencing skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills with a strength in analyzing various courses of action to make recommendations
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.