Senior Operations Representative
- Portsmouth, VA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm
Schneider has an immediate need for a Senior Operations Representative to assist Business Owners. The primary function of this role is to act as liaison between our carriers, operations and customer service. This position will be required to strengthen relations with our carrier base while aiding our operations & customer service group with service updates, appointment setting, and accessorial disputes. In addition, this position will be responsible for tendering freight and be expected to execute the daily operational processes involved for all aspects of Port Drayage movement as well as the service requirements and needs of the customer.
In this role you will:
- Plan and tender freight to lowest cost chassis (i.e Lease, VIP, Pool, shipper owned).to include end of day chassis GPS location.
- Conduct daily planning of all freight at the terminal. Match available capacity to customer volumes.
- Monitor & take actions on equipment utilization to reduce Pier Diem, Demerge & chassis costs.
- Understand daily capacity availability and tenders freight to balance the customers needs. Re-plans as required.
- Utilize the Standard Operating Execution (SOE) makes decisions & executes delivery criteria.
- Schedule gate appointments, loads and empties as required per markets.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of equivalent experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong math and analytical skills,
- Ability to problem solve through profitable creative thinking
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2019 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
We are a responsible member of the community.
Safety-first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.