Building Maintenance Technician
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a hands-on Building Facilities Maintenance Assistant who will assist with the day-to-day maintenance operation of buildings and grounds. You will provide periodic repairs and maintenance to facilities, equipment, and furniture based on prioritized and scheduled tasks, as well as coordinate contractor and vendor activities on various projects.
About the role:
- Assist with preventive maintenance, customer work orders, and emergency repairs
- General cleaning of building grounds, including emergency housekeeping as needed
- Conduct installation and coordination of office and furniture changes and upgrades including ergonomic adjustments; hanging pictures, whiteboards, and meeting room set-up
- Make deliveries between Green Bay facilities, including pulling and palletizing of items from the warehouse
- Perform company car cleaning and inspections including delivery to car wash, snow removal, and inspection for proper documentation (i.e. insurance card, fuel card, registration, tags)
As an associate you will enjoy a competitive hourly wage: starting pay between: $11.40/hr - $14.30/hr based on experience, a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Our preferred candidate will have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent work experience plus one- two years experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with accepted construction practices and Building Mechanical Systems and the ability to read blueprints preferred
- The ability to effectively utilize personal computer, Smart phones and related technology
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
- Availability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours when needed
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (annual revenue in 2019) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.