The Schneider organization has an immediate need for an Internal Auditor within our Finance Department. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for reviewing accounting, financial, and operating controls while identifying weaknesses. This will ensure Company assets are safeguard compliant with all Schneider policies and procedures. The incumbent will perform financial, operations, and compliance audits while the Internal Auditor will be responsible for completion of assigned control testing, documentation of processes, and any gap that are identified.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Execute work, per audit programs to ensure control weaknesses are identified and action plans are created and implemented.
- Assist in drafting post audit reports in preparation for presentation to Senior Leaders.
- Provide support for discussions of findings and recommendations with appropriate Leadership.
- Prepare work papers to document audit procedures performed as well as test key controls and document noted expectations.
- Ability to understand and visually map end-to-end processes in different areas of the company.
- Minimal travel may be required
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred areas of study include: Accounting, Business and Finance.
- One to two years Internal Audit or External Audit experience preferred.
- Analytical skills to apply systems thinking approach to map processes and controls.
- CPA or CIA certification desired. Commitment to obtaining certification within one year required. Public accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred.
- Proficient skills in MS Office products/ software applications. ERP systems exposure helpful.
- Accuracy with attention to detail to recognize problems and recommend solutions or drive change.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation to deliver results within resolute timeline
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (annual revenue in 2018) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.