- Skowhegan, ME
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 10am - 6:30pm
If you enjoy being analytical and finding creative solutions, the Logistics Planner role might be for you! Schneider is currently looking for a dynamic Logistics Planner to manage transportation costs. This will be accomplished by optimally balancing order fulfillment, mode mix, and warehouse inventory levels which will prevent costly paper machine shutdowns. You will work closely with mill operations and production planning, continually managing volume, flows, seasonal fluctuations and service performance metrics to exceed customer expectations. You will also build effective relationships with mill operations, mill supply chain, customer service and central logistics personnel to identify, analyze and implement process improvements. The key to this role is to balance customer satisfaction with company profitability. The person in this role is pivotal for growing business for the organization. If this sounds exciting, read about the details below.
In this role you will:
- Schedule paper shipments to best available mode and transportation service provider by using multiple software applications
- Ensure paper is scheduled to load in a timely manner to support smooth operations
- Lead and facilitate cross functional project teams intended to improve processes
- Track and trace paper pickups and transportation service provider trailer pools and work exceptions (change mode, re-plan the shipment etc.)
- Act as a liaison between Customer Service and Operations regarding key metrics
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or two to three years of relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- A passion to work in a dynamic and goal oriented environment
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.