Driver Manager - Rotational Leadership Program
Schneider is seeking a Driver Manager to participate in our Rotational Leadership Program. You will have the unique opportunity to gain experience and leaderships skills at our Green Bay, WI corporate headquarters before transitioning to your Driver Manager role.
During the one-year Rotational Leadership Program you will train with our Intermodal departments and gain experience in leadership, pricing strategy, dispatching, sales, and customer/rail services. The time that you spend in each area will equip you with a well-rounded understanding of Intermodal transportation and give you a competitive edge in your career as an up and coming leader.
Once you have completed the program, you will begin your Driver Manager position. In this safety focused role, you will provide excellent leadership to a group of our hardworking drivers in a fast- paced environment and be the key link between the business, our drivers, and our customers. You will also be accountable for fielding calls from drivers and working one-on-one to solve problems with creative solutions that exceed our customer expectations and our company objectives.
About the role:
- Make safety-conscious decisions while ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- Balance the needs of our customers, our drivers, and the business resulting in a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide ongoing direction and leadership to drivers and internal associates to ensure excellent customer service, key factor achievement and associate development
- Collaborate with others in the organization to identify and implement both local and global creative solutions to improve retention
Manage driver payroll, and ensure drivers have quality time at home
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a four-year college degree or have equivalent experience
- Have transportation, supply chain or logistics experience
- Be known for their ability to empower and mentor associates, to creatively problem solve, and to thrive in a dynamic environment
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships
- We are a responsible member of the community
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.