- Green Bay, WI
- Second shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Tuesday – Friday 3:30pm – 11:30pm Saturday – 1pm – 9pm
Schneider is seeking an energetic and service focused Operations Representative to be responsible for customer and driver afterhours support. You will enable successful execution of business processes and facilitate continued best-in-class service to our customers and drivers. You will take calls from both customers and drivers, track customer orders, assist drivers with afterhours issues that arise, and ensure that escalated issues are handed off to first shift.
About the role:
- Make sound business decisions to resolve delays that impact customers and work toward resolution of critical matters that occur afterhours. Involve a leader or first shift department contact to resolve exceptions that are time sensitive.
- Coach drivers to adhere to Regulatory guidelines, HOS, to ensure safe and legal practices at all times.
- Utilize technology to obtain clear understanding of the business needs and work within the customers service requirements to create accurate and efficient work.
- Escalate potential issues and surface opportunities for streamlining or automation of processes.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with team and internal customers, driver associates, 3rd party carriers, and field associates using effective verbal and written communication.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience plus 1 year relatable customer service experience
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgement and the ability to analyze various courses of action and make recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload while working with a sense of urgency toward a desired result
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.