Director of Operations
- Remote Location:
- Green Bay, WI
- Other Remote Locations:
Rancho Cucamonga , CA
Farmington Hills , MI
Rancho Cucamonga , CA
Grapevine , TX
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Mon-Fri 1st Shift
Schneider has an immediate need for an energetic Operations Director to provide leadership, support and guidance to their associates. Main accountabilities are to develop business goals, establish action steps, and monitor results as well as coach and develop leaders and front line associates and identify, implement and monitor key business metrics to drive effective, low cost execution of results and superior customer service. With a safety focus, you will be responsible for making sound decisions which balance all sides of our business model (customer, driver, office associate, business) which result in a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness. There is also direct accountability for driver capacity, tractor capital, service, customer interaction and internal team leadership. This role can be based out of Green Bay WI, Grapevine TX, Rancho Cucamonga CA, or Farmington Hills MI.
About the role:
- Develop business strategies and lead implementation plans for multiple customers’ logistics needs (or assigned accounts)
- Improve account profitability via refinement and bold action. Lead resolution of escalated service, cost, and safety issues with the customer
- Create value for the customer and satisfy needs while carrying out Schneider strategy and goals
- Provide leadership and direction to Schneider Account Managers and operations team
- Build/strengthen strategic relationship between leadership, customers, carriers, shippers and consignees
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years of Transportation/operations experience.
- Successful track record as an empowering leader in a dynamic, fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Solid judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Emphasis on making the best overall decision based on cost, customer expectations, and driver needs.
- Demonstrated abilities in leading major change management initiatives
- P & L experience in similar scope of operations
- Ability to communicate and listen effectively with people of diverse opinions and backgrounds.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.