- Portsmouth, VA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 6 am - 2:30 pm
In this role you will act as a liaison between our carriers, operations and customer service. As a Dispatcher in our Port Drayage Operation you will be focused on strengthening relations with our carrier base while aiding our operations & customer service group with service updates, appointment setting, and accessorial disputes. In addition, you will be accountable for tendering freight and executing the daily operational processes involved for all aspects of Port Drayage movement as well as the service requirements and needs of the customer.
About the role:
- Daily planning of all freight at the terminal and matching available capacity to customer volumes
- Work collaboratively with the business owner to create a positive experience
- Responsible to schedule gate appointments; loads and empties as required per markets
- Understand daily capacity availability and tender freight to balance the customer’s needs
As an associate you will enjoy a competitive wage up to $22 per hour based on experience, a consistent Monday through Friday work schedule allowing for a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here
Our preferred candidate will:
- Be self-motivated to meet deadlines to achieve overall desired goals
- Have a high school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience of 2-4 years
- An ability to effectively communicate both orally and written
- Be able to collaborate in a team environment, and positively impact and strengthen relationships
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety- first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.