Traffic Office Manager
- Windsor Locks, CT
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Schneider has an immediate need for an energetic and customer- oriented Traffic Office Manager to work onsite at one of our customer locations and be accountable for leading the entire inbound and outbound activities of their distribution center. You are responsible for identifying, designing, developing, and engineering continuous improvements to better service the customer. Additionally, you will work closely with a variety of Schneider teams to identify the most significant issues for focus and resolution. Lastly, you will be working to strengthen relationships with other associates, external vendors, contractors, and suppliers. Join our resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity, respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Coach and mentor Schneider on site personnel (Traffic Office Personnel to include Traffic Office Technicians for Administrative, Inbound, and Outbound roles). Accountable for employee performance reviews and wage adjustments / compensation
- Monitor transportation budget for all local parts distribution center transportation managed by Schneider Logistics; to include the review and approval of all large dollar claims and transportation accessorial charges
- Resolve all transportation / shipping issues promptly. Play an active part of resolution, communicating resolution plan to customers, and following up to ensure problems are resolved
- Communicate effectively and build a professional relationship with internal / external customers, and strive to exceed their total service expectations
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
- College degree in Transportation, Logistics or Operations Management or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of three years leadership experience, transportation/logistics experience required
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to work in a non-structured and fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Advanced technical/computer skills with experience using at least 3 to 4 different programs simultaneously
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills, and strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships
- An innovative, goal-oriented and results driven approach
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.