Training Assistant I
- Chicago, IL
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Part-time; Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Schneider has an immediate need for an enthusiastic and driven individual to be part of our team in the role of a Regional Student Driver Representative. In this role, you are the key link between the Schneider Training Academy new driver associates and the organization. The primary responsibility of this position is to support these driver associates from the time they graduate from the Schneider Training Academy until they are transferred to the assigned LOB leader. This support includes helping resolve concerns and issues, advocating for the driver through all phases of training, and managing driver payroll and developing plans to assist new driver associates in the goal of becoming over the road drivers. This position will set you on your way to a career of interesting challenges and limitless opportunities.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, post high school education preferred
- Minimum of one year prior work experience in a Customer Service role preferred
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
- Fluent with a variety of computer applications
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative, goal-oriented and results driven approach
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.4 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions for over 76 years.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.