Senior Terminal Manager
- Port Wentworth, GA
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Mon- Fri days, some weekend coverage
Do you love working in dynamic environment? Do you like to be challenged? Are you passionate about logistics and operations? Schneider, an industry leading transportation company, is seeking a Senior Terminal Manager to join our organization. In this role, you will improve rail/port relations, ensure access to adequate capacity in the marketplace and drive critical key factors within your geographic region such as service, billed ratio, dray productivity and dray cost. You will also provide leadership and direction to local associates including Operations Managers, Service Representatives and Drivers, to improve service and contain costs associated with regional ramp/port operation efficiency and dray management. You may also provide support to sales with new business bids and existing customer relationships. We want you to find your home at Schneider. Learn more about this role and its requirements below and apply today.
About the role:
- Lead the 3rd party dray carrier base for Intermodal/Port Drayage and conduct reviews to provide feedback on service, available capacity and performance improvement opportunities
- Establish relationships with local ramp or port operations managers and collaborate on service issues at the ramp/port level along with coordinate efforts with the ramp staff to expedite train handling
- Collaborate with the Rail Relations team on problematic rail carriers or rail ramps and assist the Rail Subrogation team as they execute Intermodal strategy for cost recovery of Schneider assets which are damaged by the Class I railroads
- Provide appropriate capacity by market by providing direction to driver recruiting in dray workforce planning, local slip seat programs, driver safety and utilization
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- An ability to create and execute business plans
- Strong leadership skills to build effective teams and attract, retain and promote talent
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks or projects
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/about-schneider/diversity-and-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.