- Channahon, IL
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm with weekend rotations
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a dynamic, on site, Terminal Manager to be a key liaison between the business, drivers and customers both internal and external. Your primary responsibility in this position is balancing customer satisfaction and company profitability. Accountabilities include creating operating plans, managing P&L and providing support and direction to all on site associates and drivers. You are pivotal in growing business for the organization. You will work to establish relationships with local ramp / port operation managers and collaborate on service issues at the ramp / port level, and coordinate efforts with the ramp staff to expedite train handling.
About the Role:
- You will provide clear direction and leadership to the local team of associates, including Operations Managers, Service reps and Drivers. Responsible for team building, coaching & development, staffing, pay management and performance management.
- You are ensuring associates have the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in their roles.
- You will drive critical key factors for our regional ramp operation (service, billed ratio, cost/load) and develop business goals and monitor results for the site; facilitate actions to improve performance as appropriate with a focus on continuous improvement.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental, prescription drug coverage, vision insurance, plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
Have you considered furthering your education? As a Schneider associate you can participate in our Tuition Reimbursement Program. We also offer individual development opportunities to our associates through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
- Four year college degree or equivalent industry experience
- Advanced technical/computer skills
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability/desire to work independently or in team environment
- Capability to prioritize workload and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Sense of urgency, creativity and a flexible approach to running the business
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.