Supply Chain Specialist
- Dearborn, MI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday - Friday 7 am - 4 pm
Do you have strong communication and problem solving skills? Do you love working in a dynamic and high-energy work environment? If that sounds like something you would love then you will want to check out this opportunity. The Schneider organization has an immediate need for an ambitious and customer focused Supply Chain Specialist to handle supplier performance and provide resolution of carrier performance issues and we want you to join our team. In this role, you will build professional relationships with suppliers, carriers and packagers to identify reasons for over standard shipments, implement corrective action plans and provide detailed reporting and metrics on your findings and resolutions. You will be the critical foundation of the account operations team.
About the role:
- You will drive metrics such as delivery performance, primary carrier utilization and to help provide solutions to ensure customer goals are consistently exceeded
- You will serve as a key contact for customers and carriers and build and maintain relationships to understand and respond to the customer's needs and actively anticipate problems and initiate solutions before they become major issues
- You will identify and implement cost savings opportunities through data analysis
- You will support the engineering change process in conjunction with customer needs
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? We know you will love it here.
You will need:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience - ideally 2 to 4 years of experience in supply chain or transportation
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and thrive in a high-energy and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative, goal-oriented and results driven approach
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.