Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday-Friday 8am-5:30pm
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Maintenance division to provide technical expertise as both an internal and supplier point of contact on equipment technical problems. The Senior Mechanical Engineer leads technical equipment projects to enhance quality and reduce costs, researches new products and tests for fleet application and added value, and provides the optimal maintenance procedures for optimal fleet operations. This position is a gateway to a career of interesting challenges, celebrated victories and limitless opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a supplier point of contact on technical issues, special warranty negotiation, and testing and development of components to solve specification problems.
- Provide tractor engineering support to maintenance system, operations, and drivers.
- Initiate and carry out cost reduction projects on existing equipment.
- Research products and decide on validity of application to the fleet for added value, and integrate into the problem solving and evaluation process.
- Lead design, prototype, and training process on facility, special application, or tooling projects.
- Review cost analysis process and initiate control activities, and measure changes in performance due to specification or equipment changes.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more (at some locations)
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Engineering or equivalent applicable work experience
- Knowledge about truck technical and mechanical systems
- An understanding of chassis and/or component design and development process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including using concise technical directions and language
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationship with suppliers, yet remain persuasive with needs and special policy negotiation
- Statistical analysis skills
- Capability of performing cost-benefit analysis
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to construct presentation material for various levels of internal and external management customers
- Possess presentation, time management, and project planning skills
- Sense of urgency in order to react quickly and make use of resources to solve immediate technical problems
- Some hands-on experience with equipment
- CAD experience (helpful but not required)
- An innovative, goal-oriented and results driven approach
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions since 1935.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.