Senior Operations Research Engineer
About the Role:
- You will develop a sufficient understanding of client’s business operations and practices to apply the appropriate methods, models, and analysis.
- You will present advanced level engineering analysis and other advanced analytical research to technical and non-technical business audiences; interpret results, understand business implications, and influence decision makers.
- You will efficiently communicate technical engineering solutions and results into appropriate business language for clear client understanding.
- In this role you will prepare proposals, statements-of-work, project logs and updates, and presentations in a clear and concise manner. Document project assumptions, approach and results including net savings or profit.
You will enjoy a strong work/life balance as an associate that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
As a Senior Operations Research Engineer, you will need:
- PhD degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, plus two years of significant work experience; or Master's degree plus four years of significant work experience required.
- To validate skill with mathematical optimization modeling, linear programming solution techniques and Linear Programming/Integer Programming modeling tools.
- Strong PC/Windows background with working knowledge of databases and spreadsheets and an understanding of the capabilities and uses of database applications.
- Strength with Java and/or Python; proficiency with modeling interfaces such as ILOG Concert, DoCPLEX or Gurobipy.
- Proficiency with one or more high level modeling languages such as AMPL, GAMS, MOSEL.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.