Corporate Credit Specialist
- Green Bay, WI
- First shift
- Job ID:
- Full time; Monday- Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schneider has an immediate need for a results driven Credit Specialist to protect the company's investment in accounts receivable by minimizing delinquencies and bad debt write offs and creating opportunities for generating additional sales and profits. The Credit Specialist is expected to identify the risk of severe delinquency and/or bankruptcy in the Accounts Receivable portfolio. Communication and management of that risk will be coordinated with the appropriate sectors and the Accounts Receivable department to balance the risk with the reward of additional revenue. This role owns the bad debt write off process and coordination and/or participation in advanced collections or legal processes, including placements with third party collection agencies or attorneys and bankruptcy claim filings. This position broadens your industry knowledge which in turn drives your career to limitless opportunities and positions with our organization.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Investigate potential, new and existing customer accounts for creditworthiness through the use of credit reporting agencies, customer financial statements, trade references and various other sources of credit data to determine the appropriate level of credit to be extended. Prior interaction with Sales, Accounts Receivable and Customers may be required in granting credit limits. Interact with Sales and Customer Service once a credit limit has been established.
- Investigate and identify corporate linkage and determine the companies ultimately liable for payment of invoices. Work with specific Enterprise sectors using proprietary software systems for liable party/bill-to/invoice to set ups, ensuring they are done accurately and timely.
- Establish and maintain credit application files.
- Review orders on credit hold. Interaction with Sales, Accounts Receivable and customers may be required prior to releasing orders.
- Monitor and determine when credit limits need to be adjusted or removed based on financial, payment and/or trend data.
- Communicate/collaborate with internal departments to work for resolution on customers where credit may be terminated or where other escalation to Sector/Operations leaders may be needed.
- Review potential third party or attorney placement of trade and non-trade accounts for validity prior to placement. Determine and perform or coordinate any remaining potential internal collections actions. If necessary, perform bad debt write offs and coordinate placement with appropriate agencies/attorneys. This may include filing claims on broker bonds or trust funds, filing bankruptcy proofs of claim, verifying bankruptcy preference risks and other tasks related to bankruptcy filings.
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Associate's degree required, preferred areas of study to include Finance, Credit or Business
- Computer literacy with competency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel required. Knowledge of Oracle and/or automated credit decision making technology tools beneficial.
- Ability to analyze and interpret risks for customers from available resources, including credit reports and financial statements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to be clear and persuasive to achieve results and drive process improvement through others both internal and external to SNI. Ability to adapt communication style for varying audiences.
- Ability to make spot decisions; self-confidence with ability to approach sensitive interactions and to negotiate for positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated stress tolerance in a fast paced environment with ability to maintain a professional presence.
- Strong organizational, problem analysis and follow-up skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize workload; superior attention to detail.
- High initiative, self-motivated and results-oriented team player; ability to work cordially with others
- Strong customer service skills.
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions since 1935.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.