Schneider is seeking a creative Innovation Developer to join its IT Innovation team. You will have the opportunity to work with the business on advanced projects and have oversight on complex work or projects, applying system solutions to business problems through the design and programming of automated systems. You will analyze, design, develop, and maintain custom program code and applications to support business processes and functions. Creativity and curiousity are encouraged, as you will be at the forefront of researching and creating innovative solutions for the organization's future success. If this is a passion of yours, you will fit right in with our collaborative team!
About the role:
- Design, code, unit test, system test, performance test, debug, implement, document, and support solution systems through new system development, improvements of current systems, or implementation of third-party products.
- Embrace out-of-the-box thinking in an environment seeking innovative solutions, utilizing a mindset of curiosity paired with research to prove or disprove ideas for implementation.
- Work closely with the business to collaborate on creative solutions, seeking to understand both the business need and then working to develop the solution.
- Use Schneider's Agile Methodology to deliver user profiles based on committed timeframes and provide feedback to team members and other stakeholders on defining features and user profiles for future sprints.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or the equivalent work experience. Two to four years of relevant experience.
- Proficient skill with Java-based software development.
- Proficient knowledge of system design, development, development patterns, quality assurance, integration methodologies as well as business and IT strategies, architectural standards, and software / application capabilities.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.